Membership Operations Associate, EMEA & Asia Pacific
Toniic is a non-profit global network of impact investors – investors seeking positive social and environmental impact alongside financial return. We serve both dues-paying customers (“members”) and the public. Our membership services team supports a global community of high net wealth individuals, family offices, and foundation asset owners in more than 25 countries around the world who are active impact investors. Our field-building initiatives provide impact investing resources to the public. The Toniic team of about 20 people is virtual, with team members located around the globe. Our culture is high performance and dynamic, requiring a tolerance for high-bandwidth demands, an attitude of personal responsibility, proactivity and self-awareness, and a highly collaborative approach.
About the Role
The EMEA/APAC Membership Operations Associate (“MOA”) supports the team of Relationship Managers (“RMs”) in the Europe, Middle East and Africa and the Asia Pacific region in delivering an excellent member experience to impact investors. The emphasis is on activities and members in your assigned region, in addition to and within the context of supporting the global organization to achieve its strategic objectives in member engagement and membership growth. The primary focus is to support the RMs in engaging members through virtual events, regular check-in meetings/calls, member connections, and tools/resources.
The MOA will be expected to perform a variety of tasks (on both administrative and systemic levels) in a well-organized and timely way to support both internal systems and externally facing members. The MOA will need to act proactively, be highly responsive, member-focused, understand the needs and characteristics of people with whom they work, and demonstrate good judgment on when to escalate issues to the senior team. The ideal candidate for this role should also possess strong attention to detail and a proven ability to streamline and optimize workflow processes for our membership operations. A professional and friendly demeanor is critical for supporting our warm and welcoming culture.
Member Engagement & Member Recruiting
- Support RMs in prospect outreach activities, including creating/maintaining prospecting materials and helping with prospect communications
- Onboard new members to online systems and provide troubleshooting
- Offboard members from online systems when members leave Toniic
- Follow up with members on outstanding items, such as payments, event registrations, requests, and survey/data completions
- Maintain internal checklist of items to communicate with members
- Support member events by developing and sending invitations, tracking registration and payments
- Support virtual event logistics, such as creating registration links, tracking attendance, providing technical support, event marketing, sending follow-up communications
- For regional in-person events, support the event lead with logistics, communications, promotional items
Member Operations & Processes
- Maintain high data integrity for member & prospect information in Salesforce
- Track key performance indicators and key membership stats in Salesforce & report results to the team regularly
- Complete manual data entry tasks with attention to detail and consideration of the potential for potential process improvement or future automation wherever possible
- Develop and implement membership workflow and processes involving multiple departments such as finance, communications, event and education
- Develop and document processes that maximize efficiency
- Develop and distribute centralized Toniic member and prospect communications
- Format and distribute ad-hoc announcements to members
Required Skills & Characteristics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an internal or external customer support role
- College degree or equivalent professional experience
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter who is comfortable learning and adapting to unfamiliar systems, processes, and technologies.
- A tolerance for high bandwidth demands
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work virtually and flexible to work across global time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Professional demeanor & friendly/welcoming attitude
Highly Desirable Skills & Characteristics
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Suite, Asana, Vimeo, Canva, WordPress
- Experience with virtual and in-person event planning and logistics
- Knowledge of the financial services or investments fields with a focus on impact
- Interest in growing the impact investing ecosystem
- BIPOC candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Although prior knowledge and experience in impact investing is not mandatory, candidates who are keen to acquire skills and experience in this field are encouraged to apply. This role offers an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in building their impact investing expertise and potentially assuming other roles in the impacting investing field in the future.
Full-time role. 40 hours per week.
Location: Virtual within the European region (must have proof of the legal right to work in the EU)
Compensation: Exempt position, USD $50-60K annual salary, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Four weeks of annual office closure (summer and winter breaks) in addition to 15 days of paid time off annually
Reports to: Designated EMEA Relationship Manager
Send resume, cover letter, names and contact information for at least three references to email@example.com by April 14, 2023 with the subject “Application for Toniic Membership Operations Associate.”
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please include examples of the following in your cover letter:
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience implementing a new workflow/process through personal projects, volunteer efforts or at work